Thakkar 's Sizzling photo Blog!

....for sizzling people!!!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Introducing Spock, the people search engine

spock logoTill now I have been writing about my favorite people, who they are, what they like and what they do. But this time, I'm introducing another fine way to do People Search, a nice little site called Spock.

When I first heard the name, it reminded me of Lt. Commander Spock from the USS Enterprise, and I was glad to discover that they are not ruining his name. A nice clean Google like plain search interface helps everyone perform a people search for their friends, colleagues or even random persons they would wish to locate.

Whats the magic? Well, All those social networking sites that you sign up for, and all those blog you write, Spock's super cool engine uses data from many such sources and builds up your whereabouts. It might sound creepy at first, but for me, it starts another new round of ego-surfing. So what are you waiting for, why not head right over and do a people search with Spock, I'm sure it'll surprise you.